Topic

Newbie Guadalupe peak Tarpbivy or Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Newbie Guadalupe peak Tarpbivy or Tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Derrick Daniels

@d_roc

Do you or anyone else have any pick of the backcountry tent area? I go a new hennessey hammock and would like to try it out there. ..just tryign to see if it is a good place to use it.

Derrick Daniels

@d_roc

Do you or anyone else have any pics of the backcountry tent area? I got a new hennessey hammock and would like to try it out there. ..just tryign to see if it is a good place to use it.

sorry for the missed spelled words..auto correct on my phone is a pain

jeffrey bennett
    Spectator

@jollygreen

Locale: Near the bottom

The high country campsites are located in a pine forest.I know the Pinetop and the Tejas camps have plenty of trees you could use. I would think the Bush Mountain, McKittrick ridge and the Blueridge campsites also have trees you could use but I have not been to them. In the non-backcountry campsite pinespring you will be hard pressed to find anything to tie your hammock to. I will look for some pics of Pinetop and Tejas campsites.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

@ Derrick: There are plenty of tree options for your hammock's suspension. Like the previous poster said it's a pine forest atop the ridge. An underquilt of some sort is advisable though as it gets pretty windy and chilly up in the Guadalupes year round at night. I just posted a trip report from this week and there are some pictures that show the Tejas Trail campsite. Bush Mountain and Pine Top are very similar campsites.

Cheers.

Derrick Daniels

@d_roc

thanks jeff and eugene

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools