Topic

welded stainless steel mesh

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear welded stainless steel mesh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

I’m not finding sources of “welded stainless steel mesh” in small to moderate quantities. Anyone out there know of any.

This is basically “hardware cloth on steroids” …. it’s been used for pot stands and I think it’d be sturdier than hardware cloth when used with some of the hotter burning stoves folks are making

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Jim asked about:
    ===============================
    “I’m not finding sources of “welded stainless steel mesh” in small to moderate quantities. Anyone out there know of any.

This is basically “hardware cloth on steroids” …. it’s been used for pot stands and I think it’d be sturdier than hardware cloth when used with some of the hotter burning stoves folks are making”
    ===============================

Jim, the SS welded mesh is much stronger than the hardware store standard stuff. I was able to buy a big piece from Aaron at Brasslite.com. He was selling it at one time by the square foot. Send him an email and ask if he will sell you some. The picture shows the SS Welded Mesh used as the grate in a wood stove.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

You can buy it in three square foot minimum sections with whatever size openings you would like.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools