Topic

Brasslite Turbo II-D Backpacking Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Brasslite Turbo II-D Backpacking Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Corcoran

@walksindark-2-2-2

I am a newbie backpacker who wants to "lighten my load" when I am by myself (year round) or with one other person in the Summer.

Having looked at a bunch of alcohol stoves I have tentatively decided to go with the Brasslite Turbo II-D Backpacking Stove. However I have a few questions:

1) Is it worth while to get the stainless steel stand extensions?
    2) What would the best size plus material to use for a wind screen.
    3) What size pot would allow me to store the brasslite plus the windscreen inside?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

WalksInDark

P.S. In winter my Bro and I split the weight of a white gas stove, so the Brasslite stove is just for my lighter weight outings.

Steve Sands

@nornicotine

Paul,
    I have the Brasslite Turbo, and it works well for me.
    As for your specifics:
    ) Is it worth while to get the stainless steel stand extensions?
    Probably not needed…I don't use them.
    2) What would the best size plus material to use for a wind screen.
    Heavy duty tinfoil. Take a sheet, fold in half, and then fold to make a pentahedron or hexahedron which will fit around your pot. One sheet will last for multiple trips if you use a little care..
    3) What size pot would allow me to store the brasslite plus the windscreen inside?
    I just recently bought a Ti pot, from MountainGear. I can't remember exactly which one (and its not handy) but it was about 4" in diameter, and ~4" high. The brasslite fits perfectly inside.

I haven't tried to use the simmer ring, BTW….just pour the fuel in and go. Used it in cold weather (~40 F) with rain/sleet/snow in Kings Canyon, with no issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools