Topic

FireLite pots not available

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support FireLite pots not available

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I really would like to get a FireLite SUL 550 Titanium pot but it looks like all of the FireLite line is out of stock. Will they ever be available again? If not why don't you take them down? If they will be available, have you any idea when?

I really like my Firelite SUL 1100 and have been using it exclusively for two seasons. Now I have a smaller, lighter stove and would like a smaller pot, suitable for the two of us. The 550 would be perfect for our needs.

Thanks,

Denis Hazlewood

Troy Meadows
    BPL Member

@lightworker

Locale: Sierra foothills

Denis, I recently talked to BPL support about 2 weeks ago I was told the entire line should be ready very, very soon. I was told 2 to 4 weeks and that the production run should be finished and that they were waiting for the manufaturer to get back to them regarding shipment.
    Hope this helps.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Troy,
    Hot Dog! Thanks for the good news… but will I be able to sleep tonight?

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

Denis,
    If you can manage a mug with handles, Brasslite has stock. I was going to recommend the 600 I bought some time back, but now I see they have a 550 and a 700.
    http://www.brasslite.com/OrderForms/cookwareOrder.html#600mug
    Chris
    p.s. I'm using the SUL1100 also, but only in its first year of abuse

Troy Meadows
    BPL Member

@lightworker

Locale: Sierra foothills

The last 2 weeks have been rather restless. I too am very giddy with anticipation.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Christopher,
    I cut the handles off everything. Got a real deal on used Ti bicycle spokes and now use bails. The really thin Ti of the SUL 1100 holds heat so poorly I can pull the boiling pot off the stove and hook my thumbnail under the rolled edge and pour immediately. It helps to adjust for wind direction to prevent steam "owies".

Kitchen - Emigrant Wilderness - Sept. 24, 2008
    Kitchen in Emigrant Wilderness – Sept. 24, 2008

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Christopher,
    Here is a photo of the spoke, with a tape measure for scale.
    Ti Bicycle spoke with scale
    Ti bicycle spoke

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools