Topic

Dyneema at Thru-Hiker!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Dyneema at Thru-Hiker!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Buck Stolberg
    BPL Member

@bstolberg

Locale: Harlem

In case it hasn't been posted elsewhere, here some good news for everybody. I'd never thought it would become available.

http://thru-hiker.com/materials/coated.php

I can't wait to see the first homemade pack from Dyneema, please post your pictures.

David Wills

@willspower3

Cool pattern on it. $20/yd seems a bit excessive. I remember way back in the day it was a mere $13/yd. Guess times have changed :(

I have a pack I made from Dyneema a while back. It still holds up like a champ and looks brand new. It's strong enough to dull your scissors when cutting it.

I can't wait to see what this batch will bring either, thanks for the post!

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

This is good stuff! I love the Titanium gray.

More info:

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/fabric.php

MLD is protoing packs with this right now and will be offering the Exodus and Ark packs in this very soon.

Note that fewer and fewer fabrics are now made in the US and the shipping costs from overseas is only going higher. The shipping cost for this particular fabric was 40% of the total cost! Ouch. New World Order…

Joe Westing

@pedro87

Great news! I can't wait to see the Dyneema Exodus and Arc packs. Do you know how much the price or weight will go up (if at all) due to the Dyneema?

Hiker 816
    BPL Member

@hiker816

Locale: Denver

I just received a few yards of the newly available titanium gray Dyneema gridstop from Thru-Hiker. I was a little worried that the color would be too dark and would absorb more solar radiation than I'd like, and make finding things inside a pack made with it difficult in the dark. I was surprised to find that the fabric has a nice sheen to it that reflects a lot of light. Although it is too early to know for sure, it looks like it'll work really well (and it's rather beautiful!). Having not held the raw fabric before, I was also impressed with how light it is and how nice the drape is.

Matt Mahaney
    BPL Member

@matt_mahaney

Locale: In the District

Just my order in and I can't wait to add a pocket to my GoLite Ion. Thanks AYCE!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools