Topic

Susitna II vs. Mountain Mist

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Susitna II vs. Mountain Mist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

I thought about tagging this along on the SUL Winter Gear List.

I was curious why Dr. Jordon, or any others, prefer the Susitna II over the Mountain Mist. The Mountain Mist is built on the same base as the Hardrocks which have become a popular choice, myself and Dr. Jordon included. Before I go out and buy a pair of Mountain Mists, is there anything that I should know about the Susitna II. For those that wear Montrails, did you size up to accommodate thicker socks? Does anybody have any experience with the Wintergreen Superfeet ?

During the spring, summer, and fall I wear the Hardrocks w/ Smartwool Adrenaline mini crew and Green Superfeet and mainly hike in the Southeast.

Charles Ledney

@lednec

Well, I don’t really have any experience with the Mountain Mists, but I do use the Susitnas. Sounds like we are pretty much the same as far as socks and Superfeet go and as a result, I size up 1/2 size and that seems to work well for me. The Susitnas are incredibly comfortable, almost as comfortable as my slippers. The lacing system can be a pain, but in conjunction with the gaiters it works very well. The first pair I owned started to leak within six months, however Montrail replace them and the new pair seems fine.

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

I might not have asked the size question properly. I was wondering if those that wear Hardrock’s during the milder months size up a 1/2 size for the Susitna IIs or Mountain Mists so thicker socks may be worn? Assume Superfeet are used in both.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools