Topic

Thoughts on the MLD DuoMid EXP?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thoughts on the MLD DuoMid EXP?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Craig Burton

@missingutah

Locale: Smoky Mountains

Anyone else awaiting the release of this shelter?

Ron posted a little snippet on the homepage last month announcing the DuoMid made from Spinnaker EXP at around 13oz.

Any thoughts on Spinnaker EXP for winter use?

Hopefully the DuoMid isn't so tall that it requires stacking trekking poles for setup the way the Mid does.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Ron,in the past, offered a spinntex shelter similar in shape to the MSR "Twin Sisters" winter tarp which sets up using two trekking poles (one at each peak). I'm hoping Ron will bring this shelter back or at least offer it on a per request bases.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

The MLD DuoMid does require either a "pole jack" or some method of combining poles to achieve the required peak height.

I'm hoping to see MLD bring back the VS shelter (twin peaks) but low demand may prevent this. If there are others like myself that would like to see Ron offer the VS shelter again please contact him and let it be known.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools