Topic

Best Tipee style tent and stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Best Tipee style tent and stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Barry Foster
    BPL Member

@bazzer

Locale: Redding

Whilst this might not seem to strictly fall into backpacking light I am hoping someone might point me in the right direction for a Light Tipee with lots of room for two along with a stove. I know of the ti goat stove, but is there anything as good and as light. My main use is for Kayak Camping so there is some inside warmth to dry clothing etc. My Kayaking campsites have plenty of driftwood available. I do not want a heavy canvas model,nor a cuben model, but anything in between is of great interest.

Barry

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

Barry,
    Someone recently had a GoLite Hex3 with stove boot and TiGoat stove for ~$300.
    Check out tipis and user comments on forums.kifaru.net. Also, TiGoat makes the Vertex series.
    I'm not a tipi owner, but I'd bet there's other sources if you look around.
    Chris

tkkn c
    BPL Member

@tkknc

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest

I use a tipi in the winter. The family likes it when it is 0 outside but 50 inside the tipi. You need to stake it down very well to shed the wind. I would get the biggest stove possible, so you do not have to stoke it as much as a smaller stove. You might have issues getting the stove to fit inside your kayak hatch, I would check the size first.

teppe and pegs picture

Barry Foster
    BPL Member

@bazzer

Locale: Redding

Yes I agree that the size of the stove is important, that is why I like the circular design of the Ti Goat stove. Yes, I saw the hex and stove for sale and would have purchased it if I had seen it in time.
    Thanks Guys,

Barry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools