Topic

Where to buy Western Mountaineering

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Where to buy Western Mountaineering

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Locale: Israel

Hi Guys,

I've returned Montbell bags to the store and now I am looking for a good place to purchase Western Mountaineering bags.

I need 2 bags:
    First one is Negalite
    Second SummerLite or Caribou. (Still have doubts)
    Unfortunately, backcountry.com has only Megalite. So I need another store to order bags.
    Which store would you recommend? I was wondering maybe is there any store that I could get some kind of sale?

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Backcountry Gear has all three models of the Western Mountaineering bags you listed in stock depending on length and zip side preference. You can find them at http://www.backcountrygear.com, good luck.

Art Sandt

@artsandt

I've never seen a sale on a Western Mountaineering bag, but I've seen some very slightly used ones sell on ebay and the gear swap here for as little as half of retail.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

In Boulder, CO Neptune Mountaineering sells Western Mountaineerring and Hilleberg tents, among other really high quality equipment.

I got my Norwegian Army backcountry skis there new, not surplus).

Eric
    P.S. I have the W.M. Megalite. Great for opening up full length and using as a quilt on warmer nights.

Dave Worley

@bonk_

Hermit's Hut in Redding Calif. looks like a good place for WM mail order. Free shipping, free over fill and discounted prices on down pillows when you buy a bag. I'm saving up for an Alpinlite right now.

Jason Griffin

@jgriffinrn

Try thebenchmark.com they have certain models. If you have one of their retailer stores near you they normally keep the more popular ones in store.

slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Locale: Israel

Thank you guys for the stores recommendation, in addition to your recommendation there is http://www.travelcountry.com which provide price matching and free shipping. Not too many reviews though.

Just as an information:
    backcountry.com has satisfaction customer program which allow them to reduce up to 10% from full price items.
    I used this feature more than couple of times. Pity they do not have Summerlite or Caribou in stock.

Anyway, please help me to decide which one of those bags Summerlite or Caribou should I order.
    The main problem that I just do not know where I would use it. There is no particular place that I could say: mainly I will use it there.
    All I know for know that it will be used this fall in White Mountain and in Alps. And each year there will be at least one Alps trek. I just want bag that will suite me in various conditions and places.
    I lack of sleeping bags use experience Since I usually do not use it, temperature in Israel just too hot to use any sleeping bag.

Scott Van Doeselaar
    BPL Member

@vandoe

Locale: Southern CA

I have a summerlite that has been used only twice. I just also purchased an ultralite from WM. If you are interested in the summerlite send me a PM.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I purchased a Summerlite from http://www.travelcountry.com early this year. The price was good, and shipping was included in the price.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools