Topic

Paracord Bracelet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Paracord Bracelet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gary grubb

@armysoldier1073

I have been making the paracord bracelet for a little while now. I am in the military and i would like to use a bead to remember 9 of my firneds that have fallen during combat. I thought about the skull beads but thought that might be morbid. I have made some for my family with a yellow bead in it ( to replace yellow ribbons). If anyone has any idea please let me know. I would also need the size of the bead and hole diameter. I appreciate all that look at this and especially those that can give me some ideas. Thanks again

Jason Griffin

@jgriffinrn

Can you post some pictures of some that you have already made with the yellow bead, I'm having trouble envisioning what you've already made. Does it have one yellow bead or multiples? What about yellow and black as the army's colors? Or if you could find some beads that were specific to their personalities or their specific duties in the service.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

Sorry for your loss, that's alot.
    You could use black para cord, if available.

Stuart Gregory

@shuttleworth

You could make your own coloured beads from something like Fimo or Sculpey which are modelling clays you bake in the oven to make them hard. That would be easy to do and add a very personal touch.

You can mix the clays to get the colour you want, whether a solid colour or a marbled effect. You can then make the hole through the clay before baking.

http://www.sculpey.com/

There is also a silver clay called Art Clay Silver, that you shape by hand like any modelling clay and then fire with a blowtorch, that makes a pure silver item that can be hallmarked if necessary. It is very easy to use and the finished work looks very professional.

http://www.artclayworld.com/

Also some artclay videos on youtube.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools