Topic

Tin Hut Jagungal wilderness Kosciuszko National Park

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Tin Hut Jagungal wilderness Kosciuszko National Park

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle

Here are some pictures from my first ever overnight snow shoe trip last weekend.

Tony
    RRocks on Kerries Ridge
    Granite rocks on Kerries Ridge
    Tin Hut
    Tin Hut Brassy Mountains
    Looking out of the window of Tin Hut
    Looking out the Window of Tin Hut
    The moon at sunrise
    the moon at sunrise
    Gungartan trig
    Gungartan Trig
    The view over the Main Range from Gungatan Trig
    The view over the Main Range from Gungartan Trig
    Kerries Ridge at sunrise with Tin Hut in foreground
    Kerries Ridge at sunrise with Tin Hut in foreground

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Tony

Beautiful!

Gungarten trig, with all that ice on it: last time I was up there I couldn't stand upright without hanging onto the trig. Good to see the weather on it hasn't changed. Our tent nearly looked the same the week before!

Kerries with Tin Hut in foreground: I have a definite feeling we camped a few years ago where you were standing… :-)

So, are you converted?

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle

Hi Roger,

>Gungarten trig, with all that ice on it: last time I was up there I couldn't stand upright without hanging onto the trig. Good to see the weather on it hasn't changed. Our tent nearly looked the same the week before!

We where really lucky with the weather although with the weather Thems the breaks.

>Kerries with Tin Hut in foreground: I have a definite feeling we camped a few years ago where you were standing… :-)

The picture was taken outside where my tent was setup.

BetaMid at Tin Hut

>So, are you converted?

Yes, as I am not a good skier it was so nice to not worry about falling over all the time, we have ordered two pairs of snow shoes but they will not be arriving until late September, might be able to get one more trip in if not they will be ready for next year.

Tony

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Yep, I think that's where we camped!

You could rent snow shoes this season maybe. Jerkies or Wilderness at Jindy (say hello to Bruce for me).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools