Topic

Rab Ultra Bivi 7 ounces – anyone tried it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rab Ultra Bivi 7 ounces – anyone tried it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Cleaveland
    BPL Member

@jeremy11

Locale: Exploring San Juan talus

I'm looking into getting the Rab Ultra Bivi, which is full Pertex Quantum Endurance with welded seams
    here is the link:
    http://www.rab.uk.com/products_shelter_ultra.html
    it weights 7 ounces and retails for $100.

Has anyone actually used it or at least looked at it? I know that Rab is a good company and Pertex Quantum Endurance is a good fabric, but an actual user commenting would be great!

I'll be using it mainly for a bag cover in winter, a stand alone shelter for fair weather nights, with thick blue spruce nearby if it rains, and while tarp camping.

Jeremy Cleaveland
    BPL Member

@jeremy11

Locale: Exploring San Juan talus

also, if there are further weights and performance results on the DIY Tyvek Bivis, that would be great.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

I almost bought one. I emailed Rab for more info on it, and decided against it as i felt the mummy shape was too restrictive for me. Unfortunately, i no longer have the info they sent me. I would email them yourself to make sure there is enough room for your winter bag to fully loft. I have a Rab Q 250 Endurance bag. Great fabric.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools