Topic

Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hi Ryan:

Curious, when you used #2 at 5F, what were you wearing? Also did you use a liner? Thanks in advance.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hi Ryan:

Curious, when you used #2 at 5F, what were you wearing? Also did you use a liner? Thanks in advance.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Aslo keep in mind the heavier weights of the synthetic Montbell bags. The Burrow #3 weighs 2 lb. 11 oz.; the Burrow #2, 3 lb. 7 oz. Compare this to the 2 lb. 4 oz. North Face Fission. If you can tolerate the tighter confines of the Fission, it may be a better choice.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

” I use a #2 as a winter bag down to 5 degrees in virginia. yes I have used it to 5 degrees comforatably”

Ahhh, those youthful speedy metabolisms….

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

when I used it to 5 degrees I had a liner but I was wearing only a cotton t shirt and nylon pants with a prolite 3

but that was a down bag

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

That was in a tent before I started using tarps, but I think I could use it in a bivy/poncho combo if I added some extra clothing.

Ryan jordan has used an arc X near this temp

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools