Topic

Branding of Premium Membership

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Branding of Premium Membership

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Ryan:

I don’t think there is anything wrong with awarding points a la frequent buyer program (i.e. purchases, subscriptions, even number of reviews posted, etc.). I think you should spell out the rules clearly so people can make informed decisions (MontBell is a good example), and minimize any feelings of being played around on our part.

I also think awarding points based on “forum activity” or something similarly nebulous (to the extent it remains undefined) is counterproductive and may even be a “turn off” for some.

Finally, I am sure you already have means of tracking “premium subscribers” without needing to brand them next to our “handles” each and every time that we post. I would rather not have this lavish display, for the same reason that I don’t wear THE NORTH FACE apparel.

In lieu of this public display, I would much prefer a way where we can individually query the number of points we have accumulated (i.e. individual accounts).

Thanks for reading.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools