Topic

Not a Gear Question But…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Not a Gear Question But…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Richard,

thanks for replying and adding your voice. let’s hope so. however, the “rate-of-return” on future “user” contributions might be lower if they did this??? this is perhaps a somewhat related corollary to the old business adage, viz. “the customer always absorbs the cost”.

i don’t won’t to rob them (BPL) of their rightful profits, and we all do truly appreciate their generosity (has any other website made such a gracious offer?). i remind myself that they are already giving a discount on gear/products to Prem. Mbrs (i, personally, like this better than the REI end-of-year rebate check). And now this! What’s next, Profit Sharing if we invest with them?

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

pj:”And now this! What’s next, Profit Sharing if we invest with them?”

How about 401(bpl) retirement plans? Monthly gear allowance…

I would be glad to see some more buy-in and participation in the forums. There are some really bright people here.
    -Mark

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Paul,

Consider though that we that have been with the forum since its inception, earlier members, and earlier buyers are much like initial investors in a business. I know for my part and I believe the suppliers for my photographic business, business promotors, and buyers that there is something to be said for a long time and frequency of interaction. There is a long term relation from which both parties benefit. Both parties give something to get something and it makes for a stronger bond.

Rich

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Yes, we’ll certainly “count” everything back to “the beginning”, or at least the second beginning of the current database, which was implemented around August 2003.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

>>”back to the beginning”
    fairer than fair. a rarity in the business world. what more could one ask for?!!!

Richard,

as always, you make good pts. no argument here. AND much more importantly, none fr/Dr. J. he sees it your way, if i understood everything correctly.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools