Topic

taping seams

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear taping seams

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

Hello MYOGs,

I need some help in sources and techniques for taping the seams of some over-mitts I bought on e-bay.

Thanks,

Dave

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

help please

Brian Kelly

@bkelly

The seam taping done at the factory uses specialized equipment, but there is an myog equivalent. Quest outfitters sells one, where you iron on the tape to seal the seam. I don't know how well it works, but it could be worth a shot.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Aside from Brian's comment, I wish you good luck. I would personally use seam sealant as a more realistic approach. McNett Seam Grip is great; you might want to thin it a bit before applying it.

David Gilbert

@david0815

hej,

seam taping at home works well with a small iron for attaching foil on rc-airplane wings. I´ve done a lot of seamtaping with Gore-material with such an iron and 3-ply seamtape from Bemis (which is exactly the same as used by all big companies).

More infos can be found here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/10511/

best regards

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools