Topic

Montbell Stretch Wind jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montbell Stretch Wind jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christian Schloegell

@nofear

Has anyone already experience with this – certainly looks nice on paper?! How would breathability/rain protection compare to a more classic windshirt like Marmot Ion or so?

Craig Shelley

@craig_shelley

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Hello Christian,

I have a Montane Aero Smock which is Pertex Quantum like the Ion. I just purchased a Large Montbell Stretch Wind Jacket. Because it just arrived, I haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I thought it might have advantages for aerobic winter activities and that is why I decided to try it. It doesn’t stretch as much as, e.g., capilene base layers, and although I normally wear a large, it would be interesting to try it in a medium size.

My Montane is a favorite piece of clothing but the sleeves are on the short side. My Montane is an X-Large (I bought a size up from normal because of comments about Montane being small). The Montbell has sleeves that are a much better length for me.

The measured weight for the large Montbell is 169g. The measured weight for the X-Large Montane Aero is 92g.

I’ll try to remember to report back after I’ve had more experience with the Montbell.

Craig

Christian Schloegell

@nofear

Hello Craig,
    sounds interesting. I would like to hear more as you gain more experience with it.
    Christian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools