Topic

MYOG Backpack Drawings

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Backpack Drawings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anand Desai

@anandpd

Hi,
    I am searching for some MYOG backpack drawings. I searched various forums including this one, but could not find except http://www.backpacking.net/makegear.html . Does anybody has more designs? I am mainly looking for drawings with the dimensions.

:-Anand

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

most UL packs fit into a 6.5×12.5×35 type size frame. Of course each is slightly diff.

I think the LAB pack found on the site you mentioned is worth a try if you want plans in your hand.

I don't use any plans and just go off the dimensions above. I add things like mesh pockets and compression lace loops.

If you are making a pack for the first time the G4 or LAB directions can help a lot, but make it to the size you want.

-Tim

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Plans for two packs at GossamerGear

Actual pattern and kit for one of those (the G4) available at Quest Outfitters

Anand Desai

@anandpd

Thanks for the pointers. Are there any additional pictures of LAB packs available?

How can I get the shape similar to the one mentioned at http://www.ospreypacks.com/Packs/AtmosSeriesMens/ . I had seen this pack & fits perfectly. The frame has special shape. Does the only frame give the shape to this particular pack or the contours of the bag plays the role too?
    Say if I have to give similar shape to G4 or LAB pack, what do I need to modify?

I tried to cut some cotton cloth pieces as shown for osprey pack. How to sew the curves? When I tried to join them, some folds were appearing.

Thanks & Regards
    :-Anand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools