Topic

Carrot Cake Oatmeal – Something a little different

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Carrot Cake Oatmeal – Something a little different

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Chris Jones
    BPL Member

@nightmarcher

"PS I make a mean Shortbread from a recipe that can be traced back over 300 years in my maternal family."

Are you in a recipe-sharing kind of mood? I love shortbread. It's so sinful, though…

Definitely good for the trail, though. All that butter packs a lot of energy…

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I'll write it out when I get back from my trip. Basically it is 4 cups of all purpose flour, 1 cup of white sugar and 1 pound of real butter. This makes 8 rounds or 64 pieces. It's more about the handling and technique. You have to knead the flour in but then treat it like pastry. It is also cooked for an hour or more in a very low oven.

I'll be back next week so if you send me an email reminder (through my profile is probably easiest)… then I can give you more explicit details.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools