Topic

National Geographic TOPO! Explorer Mapping and Magellan Triton Series GPS

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable National Geographic TOPO! Explorer Mapping and Magellan Triton Series GPS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Christopher Williams

@clwilla

Locale: The Bluegrass

As an early adopter of this application, I was very disappointed. NG released the program, hyping its capabilities, but the application was in less than beta shape. In short, it should not have been released. They were aggressive with updates, but all those did was fill in holes which should not have existed to begin with (one could not even print a map in the first 2 or so versions, and even more than that on a Mac).

That said, many people complained, and NG provided a FREE copy of any state version of TOPO! to those who had forked over the cash, and have done much to make the program good since.

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

I was eager to buy the Triton 500 when it first came out. Firstcomers reported features that didn't work and promises by Magellan to issues fixes in a later firmware release. The NG Topo integration is what caught my attention. I'm glad I waited. It sounds like both fell short on release expectations. I still haven't sprung for the Triton yet. I'm still reading paper. The bright side is that it doesn't require batteries or firmware updates.

Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

What does it weigh?

Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

I mean the Magellan that it is designed to be used with

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools