Topic

Myog Backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Myog Backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Manuela Neusser

@ndgracing

Yesterday i finished with my 2nd Backpack: it has about 5.8 oz and can change between 915.2 cu inch and 1525 cu inch! It tooks me about 1, 5 days!!
    This pack is very comfortable and tomorrow I will test it on a longer trip (about 30km).My pack with 915.5 cu inchPack with 1525 cu (ca. 25l)

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@sponge

Locale: PNW

Could you tell us more about the fabric you used? I've never seen anything like it!

Eric Fitz

@pounce

Looks like a Sympatex membrane sample (has the logo plastered all over it).

Manuela Neusser

@ndgracing

Hi there,

yes it´s a sympatex membrane, weight about 119g/qm2
    This i´ve received from my husbands friend, he has worked at Sympatex :) I dont´know where to buy this in stores, i could ask him…

I don´t know much about it just the weight and one side is coated (with the sympatex signs), the other side feels like cottony and its grey! This fabric is very enjoyable for sewing!!

Manuela Neusser

@ndgracing

Ah one more:

But this fabric is not good for straps, because i´ve tried my Pack on a 27km distance with about 7.2 lbs in this pack.
    On long distance walks i get in a muck sweat and this fabric looks like blistering!! I think that the coating dissolve permanently because of sweating!

So i´ll try to make a new Pack (a little bit bigger) with my good 4.8 oz/qm2 Nylon with on side coating for the straps thats better than sympatex :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools