Topic

Kayaking or hiking?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Kayaking or hiking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

In the past year I haven't had much time for BPL visits, but every now and again I do pop by to see if there's a new interesting article for me to read. Something usefull for me as a hiker, something like the very extensive and clear pieces of say Roger Caffin about his trip to France or about stove and CO.

However, all I've been seeing lately is articles about packraftting. Now is it me or is anybody else getting fed up with this? I was under the impression this site is about backpacking (or at least it used to be), not kayaking. Or is packrafting the next big thing over there on the other side of the Atlantic and will I be paying my subsription to Packraftinglight.com next year?

Eins

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

here we go again. ; )

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Packrafting is a combination of backpacking and water travel. The raft is designed to be carried in a pack so that the ease of water travel can be used to attain even more remote locations in which to backpack. As John puts it, Einstein this has been a topic of much contention on BPL lately. My opinion is that if you don't like something, simply avoid it but people have seemed to enjoy complaining about it. Regardless, everyone's input is being noted and it helps to shape the future of BPL as a publication and community.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools