Topic

3 Seasons Gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 3 Seasons Gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Gever
    BPL Member

@dgever

Locale: Brooklyn

Here are the 3 different variations of my setup for hiking in the northeast http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7BSD86vrbIetmAqc6YwLcw&hl=en

Craig Burton

@missingutah

Locale: Smoky Mountains

From the top down:

Pack covers are out. Pack liners, lightweight drybag internal storage, and poncho tarps are all good alternatives with strengths and weaknesses depending on the season and trail conditions. You should be able to save some weight there.

13oz sleeping pad? Ever tried or considered using a lighter alternative — maybe just for summer trips? My summer gearlist has a much lighter sleeping pad than my winter gearlist, and more-often-than-not I go without a pad in the summer.

Consider a Polycryo groundsheet (GG sells them) and save over a 1/4 lb over the Tyvex.

You're using a solo tent, so I'm assuming this is for solo backpacking — or at least everyone in your group has everything they need. With that said, the 1.3l pot can be trimmed back to a .9 or .6 — another opportunity there.

Pot = mug. Do you really need both?

MSR Hydration Kit I'm assuming is a water filter. Convenient for using puddle water; but if plenty of streams are around… then, well, the personal preference thing kicks in.

Not much else left for me to nitpick… except for an mp3 player? an mp3 player?? come on! the sounds of the backcountry are much more enjoyable than any music i've ever heard :)

Dave T

@davet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools