Topic

TheBladeShop buying experience

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TheBladeShop buying experience

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Locale: Israel

Hi Guys,

Just want to ask you if it is only me or there is a history of bad buying experience from TheBladeShop (http://www.thebladeshop.com)?

Here is my story:
    I'm looking for 3 Leatherman Multitools. From having a look at leatherman website I found that thebaldeshop was official retailer that had match price option.
    I did find another website that had the items I wanted to purchase with reduced price (differences is 40$), but this site was not stated as official. Being international customer I prefer to buy from official sites in order to be sure that I have warranty.

So I called TheBladeShop and asked to order tools and then pointed out for the other site with reduced prices for price matching after that I was asked to call in an hour.

So I did it and was totally shocked by hearing store manager telling me that he would not match their price since it was way below his store price. Instead of 44$ price match I was given an opportunity to receive 10$ off which was of course unacceptable by me.

This was kind of new experience to me since till now I have use price match option intensively and never was rejected.

BTW: Could somebody recommend me good shop for leatherman tools?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Of course I have no way to verify if that price was or was not below the store cost but I can tell you that as an ex-photo goods buyers I could have bought most of the same cameras I purchased in quantity cheaper individually on the Net, including from brands that I spent over $1 million AU dollars a year with.
    Would you sell a dollar for 90 cents just to keep the customer happy ?
    Franco

Timothy Cristy

@tcristy

Locale: Ohio

They are just following their price matching policy listed on their site. If you read it, it excludes unauthorized dealers.

slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

It is true that they have right to refuse "any comparisons on:
    Any Auctions, affiliate coupons, "first time customer" promotional offers, paid or unpaid membership clubs, unauthorized dealers, private individuals, or stores not located in the United States"
    But
    1. The other store at least according to their website and customer service is authorized dealer.
    2. The manager did not say anything according authorization issue.

I know that legally he is right, however this does not matter to my feelings. (which is of course does not matter to store manager)

Could somebody recommend me a good place to buy knifes?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

For something like a multitool (versus an expensive and intricately complicated/fragile precision instrument) — I think I would shop for price (making sure there is a "no hassle" return policy within a reasonable time frame) — and not limit myself to just official dealers. Once you received and played with the multitool a bit, you should be able to spot manufacturing defects — if any.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

As Franco illustrated, my sister-in-law has a jewelry store and I have bought watches and jewelry on the internet cheaper than she can get it from wholesalers.

I always let her know because it frustrates the living daylights out of her!

slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Does anyone have an experience with following site?

http://www.universalmania.com

They just happen to have best deal ever.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Slavenya,

Try AG Russell Knives. Thay are THE BEST in selection of quality knives and great in customer service, in my experience.

Once my friend and I sent our rare Gerber custom folders back to AG Russell, where we had bought them, to get a letter of authenticity and his etched signature on the knives' blades. He did so without charge, making those knives worth twice as much.

Eric

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools