Topic

Rab Bergen Pant SPOTLITE Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Rab Bergen Pant SPOTLITE Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

Rab Bergen Pant SPOTLITE Review

Jim Muller

@muller_jim

Locale: Upstate NY

I liked your review but I do not believe 33" inseam qualifies as long legged or a tall size. Long or tall sizes are usually reserved for inseams of 35" or greater.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

In Scotland the 33" is probably extra tall.

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

Nice review, problem is you can't buy these pants anywhere. Ive been looking to get a pair of these for quite awhile and there's none to be found here in the US, unless you can fit into a small, in which case Prolitegear has only smalls left. Jackson Sports in the UK would ship to the US, but they list the pants as "Discontinued". It's a shame it takes BPL 6 or 7 months from actual field testing to printing an online reveiw, especially given how fast the market changes. How long does it take to write up a thin 800 word review?

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Try Tower Ridge in the UK. I have ordered their stuff before and usually have it in about a week. They are also decent on responding to emails.

You get the price minus the 17% VAT. I have ordered from them twice and never had to pay any customs fees.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

I ordered the Rab Bergen eVENT pants several months ago from TowerRidge.co.uk. Their service was good despite the fact that I live in Virginia (USA). At 6'6" with a typical 36" inseam, I didn't have a problem with the length.

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

Thanks guys, I'll check out Tower Ridge. I really like the length of these pants since I'm 6'6" with a 36" inseam too.

James, any idea about the shipping costs?

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Actually, I found the receipt so I can be exact. I had purchased a Rab Super Dru and the Bergen Pants. Shipipng ran $20, which I believe was in pounds, so somewhere in the neighborhood of $39.70 in ole American bills. Keep in mind though, I had purchased two items, so your cost will be less. In case you were interested, I like the Rab Bergen pants, although I wish they had pockets and the nearly full length zipper seems a little unnecessary. When I purchased them, I didn't look too hard for other options but other vendors are now stepping up. I really liked the Rab Super Dru jacket too, but I ended up returning it because it was too snug on me and wouldn't allow me to layer anything underneath. European manufacturers seem to allow very little space under the arms as I tried at least 5 different eVENT jackets from European manufacturers and they were all uncomfortably tight under the arms even without layers.

I also had some luck with another European website in case you wanted to look around: http://www.outdoorgb.com

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I really "need" these pants to go with the Integral Designs Thruhiker eVent rain parka that I also "lust after in my heart". (sigh!)

But since I already have a set of GTX PacLite parka and pants I'll stick with them. (Anyonw wanna buy them at a reduced price?

Eric

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

I like the long zipper length with double sliders, my old goretex pants have them. That much vent makes them usable for high exertion such as uphill snowshoeing, whereas my Reeds are horrible (!) unless very cold or strolling. I don't use gaiters ever so the longer length is welcome, and I'd consider attaching a stirrup cord to the hem for postholing.
    Around here, you often see soft-shell pants paired with a slightly large parka – we get showers not rain.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools