Topic

Did you get a picture of the best view you have ever seen?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Did you get a picture of the best view you have ever seen?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Hello all,
    I just got back from the upper Sierras over the weekend and saw the best view I have ever seen.

I have seen better in pictures, but not actually viewing it.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera since the trip was supposed to be a 22 hour run from Reds Meadow to Yosemite.

So I thought I would put out the word as to where I saw that spectacular view and see if anyone here has ever been there and could share some pictures of it.

It also brings me to the topic of discussion.
    Do you have a picture of the best view, (landscape here, not your spouse or kids), that you have every witnessed seeing, and do you have a picture of it.

I would love to see them as well.

As to where I was.
    I hiked out of Silver Lake from the June Lake Loop off 395.
    From there I went south at the junction that takes you south of Agnew Lake.

If you are on that trail going along Agnew I was at the very top of the peak that is above the south-east corner of Gem Lake.
    For a better reference, it is also about a 1/2 of a mile north west of Spooky Meadow.

Wow, is all I can say about that view from the very top of that peak.
    You couldn’t see 1000 Is Lake, but could see Donohue, Woods pk, Banner,
    Ritter, the Cathedrals, 5 or 6 different lakes, plus Lake Mono.

The variances of views were amazing as well.
    The High Sierras bare peaks, the brown on wood's, the dessert view and Mono, s well as all the lakes and trees thrown in.

If you ever want to do a 5 mile, (but very difficult) hike for an amazing view, I would put it #1 on my list.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

sadly no
    Having seen a great landscape photographer at work, I am painfully aware that not only I need a better camera in my pocket than my Optio WP1, but also I have to push my self to capture the moment rather than just register it in my brain.
    The odd part is that having hiked with keen amateur and part time pro photographers, I find myself pointing out subjects/angles/shapes that are promptly captured, but cannot be bothered to do it .
    I believe that manufacturers will put more emphasis on less noise and higher dynamic range particularly in their compacts, the Pana LX3 is an example of that.
    This type of product could inspire me to put a bit more efforts in my picture taking.
    Franco

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools