Topic

Ultra Lighters Unite!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Ultra Lighters Unite!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Hello all,
    I am tiring to get your lightest gear list you willing to part with and join fellow BPL'ers on a weekend outing in the Northern California area.

I intend this will be a no-holds-bar Super Super Ultra Light outing with the lightest and minimalist gear you have that we can all share and learn what may work to get our over all pack-lists below what our current insecurities allow us to do.

Sub-5, Sub-4, Sub-3 pounds, any Sub-2's out there.

I have every other weekend off and I'm looking at September 12-14 as of now.

Plenty off time to slash your summer list to its perspective you may intend to do in the future, but can try out now.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Where in NorCal are you thinking? How far of a trip?

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

That can all be decided by majority.

I have no prefenece as to the where or how far.

As long as it's not where there is going to be freezing night-time temps in order for us to stay as light as possible.

You've got th Santa Cruz Mountains, Pt. Reyes, lower elevations of the seirras, lost coast, and even more places I've never been.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I've never done much trekking north of the Sierras (just lots of salmon/steelhead fishing on the Trinity) so I don't have much to suggest as far as locations.
    I'm really looking to get out more- I'll watch the post and I might be interested depending…

Jesse Gibbs

@jessewg

Locale: Northern California

Please keep me in the loop on your Sept 12-14 trip. I'm not into crazy ultra-light just yet (under 20 lb is a victory for me!) but I cover a lot of ground in a day and would like to meet some other fastpackers.

Cheers,

jesse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools