Topic

Please suggest a scale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Please suggest a scale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

It has probably been discussed, but humor me.

Dave T

@davet

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I use a Cuisinart SA-100MWH Precision Gourmet Scale I got on sale. They are $60-70 new. it measures to 5g or about 1/4 ounce.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .
    victoria maki
    BPL Member

@clt1953

Locale: northern minnesota

jeremy, i have the same one as chris has, as i use it alot for cooking. it is very accurate. i believe i got it from bakers catalog. you might beable to find it cheaper elsewhere, but check them out. also you could try ebay, but then i would worry about it being not as accurate as new.

Michael Gardner

@ekim765

Locale: Southeast

Got mine at Target for about $25-$30. It's a digital that does standard or metric down to the hundredth w/ a 5 lb max. About any mega-mart type place will have one, probally in the kitchen stuff isle. I'm sure you could go crazy and get one with some kind of scientific/weights and measures endorsement that reads to the millionth of an oz., but this one is good enough for me.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

try one of these
    If you don't think you can get something from one of the links I posted in time pm me with what sizes you need.

Elizabeth Rothman

@erothman2

Locale: Pacific NW

i got mine at my post office. Electronic, small, $30.

Scott Bentz
    BPL Member

@scottbentz

Locale: Southern California

I use 2 types:

1. Office Depot 11 lb postal scale. Nice for most items. Also, I can put a bucket on the scale, zero it out, and then weigh my stuff.

2. Hanging scale. American Weigh H66. I think it weighs up to 50 lbs. or so. I like it a lot for hard to weigh items such as packs, sleeping bags. I also like it for the "final" weigh in. Cost about 26.00

I think both are good to have.

Andrew :-)

@terra

Locale: Sydney, Australia.

There are many threads on here about this topic.

I have a my weigh 7001 DX. Accurate to 1 gram and max 7kg.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools