Topic

stake sale at interesting time…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion stake sale at interesting time…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Derek Cox
    Spectator

@derekcox

Locale: Southeast

just thought it was interesting that bpl would have a stake sale at the same time they release an article about not using stakes… ha ha just made me chuckle a bit.

Adam Behr
    BPL Member

@justsomeguy

Thanks for writing; it's nice to know I wasn't the only one laughing!

Michael Martin
    BPL Member

@mikemartin

Locale: North Idaho

Yah, that was intentional!

We try to keep a sense of humor around here… ;)

Cheers,

-Mike Martin
    Techniques Editor

Jason Griffin

@jgriffinrn

I laughed too. But don't lie; you guys had to put them on sale or you knew none of us would ever buy them again…….worked though; I just bought some a few minutes ago….

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

Locale: Cascadia

Maybe if people notice the communities they are trashing when they start moving rocks around, the more sensitive among us ( like the ones that had ant farms ) will still carry a few stakes just in case. I try to use rocks that are exposed and on top of other rocks and do not have critters under them. Now, if we were bears it would be different and we would be eating those critters, but since we are not…… I know, it gets complicated being alive.

Freestanding tents require less of everything overall.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools