Topic

Marmot Helium EQ vs. Marmot Helium

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Marmot Helium EQ vs. Marmot Helium

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

Can anyone point me to a good discussion on the differences in these 2 bags, or provide a quick overview here? I didn’t see anything on the Marmot site.

Thanks,
    Mike B

David Ure

@familyguy

Hey there, I believe that the EQ version has a Pertex Quantum exterior which is highly water resistant. Plus it is a little heavier (by about 6 oz).

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

This made me curious. I checked the tags that came on my Helium (bought 3/2004). It has Pertex Quantum for both the shell and liner.

The Helium EQ came out shortly after I bought this bag.

On Marmot’s website, I see that the EQ features Pertex Quantum N-090 Ripstop with Endurance for the shell and Pertex Quantum N-090 Taffeta for the lining. Probably more important for the weight gain is that the EQ features a full length zipper rather than the 1/2 length zipper of the Helium.

Karen Allanson

@karen-1

Yep, the EQ is actually a waterproof/breathable shell, which along with the full zipper accounts for the extra weight. I got the EQ version because I use the bag in winter and wanted to protect against moisture in tents / snow shelters.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools