Topic

PCT SECTION FOOD= 10 days 20 lbs.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition PCT SECTION FOOD= 10 days 20 lbs.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey Casey, Sorry you can't make the trip-maybe some other time. Arroyo Secco sounds great later the year. Sept-Oct I want to go back to Tehipite Valley. Do some home work on Tehipite Valley-Awesome. Thanks for the food list. All the food I have gotten together is calorie dence. I am debating between 1.5 lbs or 2 lbs a day. Sorry you can't make it. Take Care

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

FYI-Casey, My BPL ranking has has been at 2.26 for over three weeks now!! Go figger!!! LOL!! What is one to do?

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Hey Jay,

I'm ranked at 2.72, but don't know if that has gone up or down recently.

Regarding your food, your a big guy so I'd err on the side of bringing more food. 2 lbs/day is not excessive. Be careful not to cut weight too much by substituting carbs for fat. On my Sonora Pass trip I bonked as I couldn't get energy fast enough from my high fat foods, I would have killed for some Gatorade. Or maybe I should have given myself some time to acclimate (left Bay Area in morning, started hiking at 9600 feet at noon, stopped 27.5 miles later).

Don't worry. Have a great time! The scenery around Sonora Pass is awesome.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools