Topic

Help about DriDucks size.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Help about DriDucks size.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ancelin jean-claude

@goetz

Locale: The French Alps

Hello,

I'm going to buy some DriDucks rain gear.
    I've read here that the sizing where mad. Most of the time one or two size more than the usual.

I'm 1,82m / 5,97 f tall, and I weigh 76kg / 167,55 lb

I use to wear some M, or 32/34 dependending.

So I was first going to a S, but the seller told me that a M would be better.

Right now, I'm a little bit lost and don't know what to choose.

I know that a lot of people here have this kind of raingear. And I'm waiting for your experience.

The sizing chart is not clear for me, and I have a mix of s/m answer.

Thank's a lot for your help.

Hava a nice day.

Yoyo
    BPL Member

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

Someone please answer this question. I too am interested in these. I'm around 5'7", 140 lbs, on the short side of "medium" (I prefer the generous cut of a medium, small is usually too tight for me).

Brendan Dahl

@brendan-dahl

I am 6ft tall and weight 155 lbs. I found the medium size jacket to be a decent fit. I have long arms so I think a small may have been too short. My waist is 30in and the waist of the pants fits okay, but the pant legs are enormous width wise, I think I could fit two of my legs in one pant leg.

Also, when I was researching the sizing I found a few other threads that said the small jacket is actually bigger than the medium!???

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Driducks sizing can be very confusing. Not that I know for sure, but I think they may have a couple of batches sized wrong!

I am 5'9", 150 lbs and I normally wear a Medium (although sometimes a Small, depending on cut). I bought my first set of Driducks almost 5 years ago — size S — and they fit me fine, with lots of room for layering — but not grotesquely big or anything.

I bought a second set less than a year ago as a spare — same Small size — and these were noticeably bigger! I would say they are equivalent to normal Size L — meaning two sizes off! My buddy Jason Klass — we're about the same height and size — just recently bought his Driducks M and he said it was more like XL (again off by two sizes)! He then got size S — still big, but tolerable.

David, I think the Driducks S will loom even larger for you. However, given the low price, they're well worth a try. You can easily shorten the pant legs and jacket sleeves.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Quite a few stores carry them now so you might be able to track down one close to you and try them on there.

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

I'm six feet tall and about 160 pounds. I just bought a set of DriDucks in size large. I probably could have gotten by with a medium, but rain gear is one area where I don't mind things being a bit big for me. I second the comment about the pants, they are really baggy in the legs (sort of like Hammer Pants).

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Ancelin,
    Ben is right. I ordered a med. and it was HUGE one me. Not just a little big–WAY too big. I'm 5'9" and normally wear a med. But the med. was uncomfortably baggy. I got a small and it's much better (though still a little big). Trust me, order at least one size smaller than you normally wear.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I am 6'5" and 225#s and only the XXLs fit me decently.

Jason Griffin

@jgriffinrn

I picked a set up at the local bass pro on sale for 10 bucks…….heck of a deal. Anyways, I'm 5'10" 145-150# depending on how much I've ate. The small size fits me about like a large would fit me in girth but in sleeve length and pant length they fit me very well. They aren't too big to be annoying and would allow me more layering than I would ever need. My normal pants length is a 32 with 31-32 waist. I normally fit a small shirt with the occasional medium. Hope that helps.

ancelin jean-claude

@goetz

Thank's everyone. Choosing this kind of gear without trying it is not easy.
    I choose the S size. And I will see. i'll give you my feedback when i'll receive it.
    The size chart is not really easy to opearate so…

see you.

slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Locale: Israel

Could you please update?

Does small size actually fits you?

All:
    What will be the best place to buy DriDucks? (Good return policy if something goes wrong)

Yaroslav

ancelin jean-claude

@goetz

Hi,

I finally choose a small size. It fits ok, just that the trousers stop up the ankle. May be a medium size would have been longer. But for my legs, I wish 3cm long would have been great.
    Anyway, S size is baggy enough for me. In a M size, I think that it would have been too large may be.

I think you can have some at Cabelas.

I bought mine on Ebay :http://cgi.ebay.com/S-Khaki-Frogg-Toggs-DriDucks-Dri-Ducks-Rain-Gear-Frog_W0QQitemZ350097359444QQihZ022QQcategoryZ137084QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I had no problems with them. They told me that the M size would fit better for me, but didn't choose this size.
    Anyway, they told me that return was possible if wrong size.

The deal goes nice with them.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I'm searching for help on the DriDucks sizing.

I'm like 5'10", 190#, and typically wear a large everything. I saw the sizing info, and I am torn between a Small and Medium. Any help?

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Joe,

I am 5'9", 145" and the small works great for me. The jacket is a bit big, but the pants are pretty spot on.

Edit: The best prices I have found so far have been on Ebay

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Joe:

The Small will fit you just fine — even with extra clothing underneath.

slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Locale: Israel

It happens that I own S, M, L sizes of Driducks which I bought couple of month ago.

Guest what?

Yes right, size S is actually bigger than M. By inch or so. L is larger than both of them.

Anyway, I have a question about patching Driducks: I have couple of small cuts in my DriDuck suit how do I patch those? McNett SilNet?

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Duct Tape

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I tried McNett seam sealer — a dab here, a dab there — unfortunately, once dried, they look just as ugly as duck tape. May as well just use duck tape.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

"Duct Tape"

MeThinks that should be DUCK tape in this situation!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Yup.

David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

I saw colored Duck tape in Walmart that would match.

I am 5'11" 185 lbs. The large top fit great. I have
    used it cross country skiing and like it.

The pants
    were way oversized and I just keep them in the car to
    put on tire chains.

To help avoid baggy pants from blowing out at the crotch,
    suspenders keep the stress off the seam.

Kent C.

@kent

Locale: High Sierra

I am 6'0", 220#; long arms. Size XL jacket fits easily over my Montbell Alpine Jacket.

Haven't tried/used their pants.

Great return policy = Cabelas!

Kent

David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

I bought mine here at BPL!

Anonymous
    Inactive

and the XL top fits perfect. Haven' used the pants yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The point appears to be that the folks over there just grab a label and size tag and attach them to a garment without any regard to matching the tag with the size.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!