Topic

Trail shoes for wider feet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trail shoes for wider feet

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Both Sue and I have 4E feet. We buy New Balance joggers. Their web site is searchable on shoe width. They have many very good shoes in the 4E width, and you will find a lot of reviews of previous models here at BPL. Some models have even got Vibram soles.
    For the moment, the NB 1210 Leadvilles are one of the top mountain running shoes available (imho).

Cheers

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

nm

Matthew S
    BPL Member

@battlerattle

I have 12.5 4E feet. Altras have gone far too narrow. I may try cutting the shoes myself or trying  this by my pinkie toes.

Or I may just go the sandal route. If shoemaker Lems would actually make a trail runner we would all be good.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Sorry, but that thing is designed for older leather shoes. It won’t work on modern synthetic uppers because they don’t/can’t stretch like leather.

Cheers

Patrick Monroney
    BPL Member

@flyfisherp

I need a very wide toe box:

LOWA!!!!

Sloan
    Spectator

@gingersnap

I have wide feet and struggled to find a non boot option that worked. Eventually I settled on hoka one one’s. The speedgoat in particular, super cushion, great traction and available in wide sizes. I can also second new balance, they have a variety of options available in lots of wide sizes and I’ve enjoyed their shoes but prefer my speedgoats.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

What are considered wide feet? Do all of you trace an outline of your feet and measure the widest width? Or do you try on shoes and judge the width of the shoe based on sizing of shoes? Seems like “I have wide feet” is a term thrown around loosely, is there a system of measurement?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

is there a system of measurement?
    Emphatically YES.
    The Brannock Device is used around the world, and any good shoe store should have one and be able to measure your feet to industry standard.

It is a sad fact that people suffer from ill-fitting shoes due to not knowing what size they should be wearing. Not wishing to be sexist at all, but according to an experienced shoe fitter friend women are notorious for going badly undersized.

You will suffer later in life from wearing ill-fitting shoes now.

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools