Topic

Where are the MLD shelters???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Where are the MLD shelters???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Just checked the MLD website and the Superfly has been pulled from it … ???
    S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sven, I too am interested in why these products are not available. You might receive better response if this inquiry were posted in the "Gear" forum.

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Hm … you are right. My bad.
    S.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

The Revelation isn't listed any longer as well. Methinks it probably has to do with the spinnaker shortage Ron has been dealing with. Currently, all of the spinnaker-only items aren't available for purchase. Can't say for sure why he pulled the Superfly and Revelation off the site but I would definitely suspect they aren't discontinued.

Adam

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Sven,
    I did notice this shelter missing on the MLD site, I would think (guess) it is a demand issue, or lack there of. I hope I'm wrong, I've used the MSR Twin Sisters shelter for winter conditions and was hoping to give the MLD Superfly a try this coming fall. The two shelters are very similer in design but the MLD would cut the weight by over half. Maybe I will be able to talk Ron into building one for me if the shelter is gone from the lineup for good, I can hope.

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

Spinnaker Shortage- may be available later in the Summer/Fall…..

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey Ron, Would you reccomend a ground cloth under the Serenity shelter? The reason I ask is because I way 235 lbs and I am doing 10 day trek with it. Is my weight a facter in possible wear and tear. I know to preen and clean my sleeping spot. Thanks-Insight?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools