Topic

z rest seat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear z rest seat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    twig .
    BPL Member

@bretthartwig

Locale: Australia

This has become my most used item for:
    – Padding in my G6 pack
    -Seat in camp (obviously!)
    -Folded in half and propped upright it becomes my food cozy
    -Folded in 1/3 it becomes my pillow at night.

Daniel Bell
    BPL Member

@danbell222

Locale: So. AZ

Indispesable.
    I use mine for:
    –back padding in my Jam2
    –seat in camp
    –Kneeling pad/welcome mat for getting in and out of tent (contrail)
    –goes under my feet at night

I use a food cozy from the FBC website, and the montbell pillow though.

Dan

Kevin Egelhoff

@kegelhoff

Locale: Southern Cal

I made this cozy last month from Gossamer Gear 3/8" Thinlight Insulation padding. Cut it down to the perfect size to be able to hold two or more more 1 gallon zip lock baggies, one in each side, as a cozy to keep the food warm while waiting for it to rehydrate. Just used a little superglue on the edges and sewed a few spots that looked like high stress areas. Figured this wounldn't last more then one trip at the most being used twice a day for nine straight days on our big group hike but it actually was way more durable then expected! I even used this as my seating bad when folded in half on top of the bear canisters each night and then put some clothes in each side and had a huge and comfy pillow for sleeping. When using a 3/4 length pad you could also use it for some additional insulation on a cold night by putting it under your legs.
    Weight 39.7 grams ( 1.40 ounces) !!! Good enough shape to use it on LOTS more trips.

Cozzy one
    cozy 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools