Topic

BPL RANK

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Franco: "Every time my ranking gets to 10 I get a free Ti spork and then it starts again from zero."

Hey, got any of those free Ti sporks just layin' around using up space?

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Face it – some of us are more rank than others…
    :-)

Roger, you sure it's not winter down your way? o_O

It rankles me when former members' numbers no longer all go resumes :-P

Robert Blean
    BPL Member

@blean

Locale: San Jose -- too far from Sierras

> Case in point — my "rank" was a 3.6 (or something like that).
    > Of that, a full 3.0 was simply due to paying for annual membership!

Huh? My rank was lass than 3, and I am a member.

— Bob

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

I noticed it was gonna recently, but then when I went to renew last week, I noticed my 'Rank' was still on my account page. I believe my rank was ~1.75 when I opted for the Lifetime membership. I just looked now and it's .27.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Miguel

> Roger, you sure it's not winter down your way? o_O
    It's summer. Either 35 C and 85% RH, or a thunderstorm (and still hot). Sigh. :-)

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

"It rankles me when…"

I can bear it in silence no longer, Miguel. Rank-les. Phew, that was a real stinker. ;-}

Ole Saether
    BPL Member

@osaether

Locale: Norway

Hi,

I discovered my BPLRank when I logged into BPL today. It is 0.12. Is this a good or a bad rank?

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

My mistake was becoming a member for life. My ranking plummeted to near zero. Ah, well. I will live with the shame if I must to get a buck discount on those nice head nets they have here. ;-)

Seriously, folks, rankings don't feed the bulldog, as my pappy used to say.

Stargazer

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

I hate the BPL Rank. I've made it clear around the office and to anyone who asks, and we're moving actively towards finding all the places it's displayed on the site and pulling it down.

It's meaningless, folks! Those who ascribe meaning to it get quickly frustrated when something changes with their account (it's a really complicated algorithm that I don't fully understand) and their rank drops.

Let your site activity and thoughtful/wise/kind words speak for themselves. No rank required.
    Addie

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Addie, You definetly cleaned the BPL Rank from the website…Community Gear List no mas rank….

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Addie is the WOman.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

As a testament to its meaninglessness, my gear list was in the top 15 or so (when it was according to rank) for a very long time.

It includes Bracers of Defense +2, among other magic items.

Have a look.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Excellent list, just some suggestions:

– Nix the Ring of Magic Resistance and just enchant your Bracers.

– Nix wool bedroll and use found moss; supplement your insulation with the Everburning Torch and sleep in your cloak.

– Leather boots are a little overkill considering your locale, I'm sure you can find something more elven and minimalist.

– Oil and water can go into the same container, lose the 3 flasks and just tote one Orcs bladder combining both the oil/water, simply skim the oil when water is needed.

– Surely in Azeroth there's dehydrated 'Holy' available, add that to your Cup of Water as needed.

I'm really not sure how BPL dropped your rank, a few gear considerations and list modifications should get you back up top in no time.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Craig, that's funny.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

UL backpacking comes natural to gamers.
    Instead of maxing out a Level 12 Ranger character sheet and pouring over lists of magical item attributes, I now weigh gear and study maps for my own adventures.

And thanks Eugene…it never occurred to me to mix my Holy Water with my oil. If I could get the mixture to light, it could potentially be thrown at undead for Holy Water AND fire damage.
    Clever.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I would add a Saruman Staff. Keep everything else. Do you have a shelter for your pet Hobbit?

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools