Topic

Any one know about Nomad Lite tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Any one know about Nomad Lite tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Christopher May
    Spectator

@christobolmayyahoo-com

Does anyone know anything about the Nomad Lite tent? At 23oz without the ground cloth it looks to be lighter than the Henry Shires Tarptent Virga with sewn in flooer and the Six Moon Lunar Solo. I don’t see any reviews on Backpacking Light for the Nomad Lite. anyone know anything about the tent or why it hasn’t been reviewed/compared to these other two?

Andy Ledbetter

@dronfield

Although the Wanderlust web site is still up and running Kurt appears to have stopped making tents some 2 years ago.

AndyL
    DunRockin

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

If that’s the case, he really should consider selling the plans either to end users or to a company / manufacturer. It looks like an absolutely brilliant design!!!! I want one. Same weight as a tarp tent… but look at all that mesh! It’s basically a double walled tent for the weight of a single wall.

Christopher May
    Spectator

@christobolmayyahoo-com

Thanks Andy for filling me in on what is going on. I tried calling the phone # on the website and it has been disconnected. I agree with you David, it is a wonderful design. It gives you stargazing similar to the Big Agnes Seedhouse Sarvis SL1 for about half the weight. They call the SL1 a hybrid as it isn’t really single walled or double walled but something inbetween. By the way, who is “je”? I want one as well. If whoever has the plans would put them online people could make them themselves or someone who does custom things like Moonbow or Mountain Laurel could make them to order.

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

“je” is the twin brother of “he” :P

Christopher May
    Spectator

@christobolmayyahoo-com

David,
    I get it now (took me longer than I’d like to admit). Those twin brothers who lives next to each other on the keyboard. He probably got tired of sewing and is off on some multiyear backpacking trip.

James Bowlin

@bitjam

David,

I have an unused Nomad Lite-N-Airy that I would be willing to sell at a good price.

Here is a review:
    http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/nomadlite.htm

It is a bit heavier than the Nomad-Lite but has much better ventilation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools