Topic

Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    G Dup

@lococoyo

My friend bought the 2 person deluxe quilt kit but it no longer looks like his SO will be hiking with us.

Does anyone have the instructions for the 1-person deluxe quilt kit?

For what its worth… i'd be happy to email you a copy of the 2-person instructions. Thanks!

Sean M
    BPL Member

@zvolen

Locale: CA Central Valley

Have you tried to contact them directly and ask for the 1 person plans, I am sure they would be happy to send them if you explain what has gone on. That would be my approach at least, good luck.

Joe Kuster
    BPL Member

@slacklinejoe

Locale: Flatirons

Actually, if you've ever tried to deal with their customer service it's highly unlikely that'd you'd get plans for a different product. They are a "bit" overprotective of such things.

I've probably got the patterns floating around from my old model but frankly I'd go with a different design.

David Wills

@willspower3

theres plenty of other plans floating around the MYOG section and the rest of the web that are similar to ray way plans.
    An example- im 6'2 ish and 185lbs- 52"x44"x80" is pretty roomy

G Dup

@lococoyo

You pretty much summed up it Joe. I didn't even want to bother – I knew the answer.

He already has the kit, so I imagine he doesn't want to order any more hardware for a different design. I don't recall any, but i'll take another look in the MYOG archives to see if I can find something simpler. This is going to be his first time using a sewing machine (going to be quite a surprise, hehe) so I figure the original Ray-Way instructions (which were great when making my 2-person) are his best bet for success.

Linsey Budden

@lollygag

Locale: pugetropolis

Having made both quilts, I submit it's very possible to make a one-person by interpolating the two-person instructions for the non-split design as the only thing that's really different is the width. Remember to size this over you and a big down/etc coat draped over you for maximum versatility. Lay out the yardage and doublecheck before you cut. The Gorget feature is very cozy–it compensates for the Polarguards lack of drape–and I'd highly recommend it. The Draftstopper feature works well, but detracts IMO from the look of the quilt. When I cut his kits, I cut a bit big as I seem to need more seam allowance that he uses.

Marty McClaine

@rwstripes

I have the single person quilt plans. I'd be happy to trade for the double person. You can email me at [email protected] to hash out the details.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools