Topic

half bags, pied de le elephant

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion half bags, pied de le elephant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Cleaning out an old duffel bag of ancient climbing stuff I found my half bag in the bottom.
    Has anyone used one recently or just weighed it out as alternative to a full bag.
    The theory was if you were carrying a belay jacket you would wear it and just use a half bag. Sometimes stuffing your legs into your pack.
    Also is there any source for these?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Western Mountaineering is bringing back their version of the half bag in 2006

David Spellman

@dspellman

Nunatak has them. They call theirs the Akula.
    http://www.nunatakusa.com/sleeping_bag_akula.html

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Feathered Friends offers their extended version of the half bag: the Vireo:

http://tinyurl.com/3da8q

Rich

J R

@ravenul

I like halfbags. I like them for summer, and they make an excellent bag liner for winter. You can carry a lighter 3 season bag as your overbag… and youve got more utility.

Wild Things makes a primaloft halfbag if you looking for a synthetic bag.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I appreciate everyone’s input, my wife really doesn’t think I need a half dozen url’s to chase around, but relationships are about compromise…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools