Topic

VA AT Catawba Day Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery VA AT Catawba Day Hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Yesterday, May 31, 2008, went to an evening event in Roanoke, VA. Had time for my wife to drop me off at a parking area where the AT crosses VA311 near Catawba for 4 hours. Headed south and then north on AT.

atsign

at 1

at

at

at

at

at

ufo

hawk

Next post for the close ups…

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

Shawn Basil

@bearpaw

Locale: Southeast

Wow! The detail on your close-ups is really remarkable. Did you use a zoom to get them?

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

I used a Sony DSC-F717 that I will have had five years in August. I bought it because it was on sale. It is only a 5.0 megapixel, but it has a Carl Zeiss lens. For the closeups I took yesterday, I just used autofocus and turned on the macro function (for closeups). It weighs about 1 and 1/2 pounds. When I got it, I had plenty of room in my Gregory Palisades for it. : )

There is hope for me. This January I got a Nikkon Coolpix L11 on sale pretty cheap that has 6 megapixs and only weighs 5.6 oz. I'm still learning how to use it. Except for close ups, it is adequate for most of the pictures I take.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools