Topic

Sierra Summer Hikes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Sierra Summer Hikes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Folks it seems that there are a number of us that live in the Central Coast-Bay Area that hike The Sierra's. Due to a knee injury, getting sick or bad weather, I have not had the chance to hike on some of the stuff that happened in the early spring. Is anyone up to some weekend stuff this summer. Generally getting the heck outta dodge by Friday afternoon and doing some weekend hikes. Maybe even some 3 day stuff. I have cabin fever and need to get out. Pm me if anyone is interested.

Patrick Coulson

@pcoulson

Locale: No California

Sent a PM.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey Ken, I too am nurseing a injury[hernya]. I too have cabin fever. I will ba avaible late June & July. I will PM you when ever something comes up-Check out Tehipite Valley.

Patrick Coulson

@pcoulson

Locale: No California

Jay, feel free to PM me as well… I am alway up for a weekend hike. I tend to like to go out of Yosemite since it is so close!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Would anyone be up for a Yosemite hike in early July? 1000 Island Lake. Yosemite can be just about anything too

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

Whats up friends? Lets do this.Keep me in the loop on trip plannings.(not really a word)
    Josh

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Hey Patrick, pm sent

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Hey Josh, Any news Daddy-O?

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Hey Ken, Thousand Island is spectacular- thats where the bear ran through my camp. I have been in that area twice-good fishing, and even better sceenery-awesome views!! I am just trying to get healthy and looking forward to 110 miles of the PCT on July 11th. Think you can make any of that?

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Jay, maybe the weekend of the 18th or so. I have family coming in from Utah on the 11th. What is your groups hiking itinerary? Maybe I could hook up for a couple of days depending on time and trailhead

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Hey Ken, We should be at Sanora Pass on Fri. July 18th. Finishing the last section-32 miles to Ebbitts Pass. The hole trip is 110 miles for 9 days so we only have to average 12 miles -give or take. We want to fish along the way and I think that pace will alllow plenty of down time to fish. I am going to bring a satalite phone with me-I could get your ph# and call regaurding our pace heading into Sanora Pass. We could slow up or speed up depending on when you gets to Sanora Pass=morning, miday, afternoon,etc.Sounds Great!! more the better-MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Sonora to Ebbets would be cool. I don't want to mess up your schedule but I could possibly meet you guys at Sonora Pass sometime during the day. It all depends on whether I can get Thursday and Friday off. I will know more tomorrow.

I would though need a lift back to Sonora Pass from Ebbetts if that would be possible. Sonora Pass from Hwy 395 is only about 10 miles or so.

Dave T

@davet

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools