Topic

Tips on dehydrating Canned Chili?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Tips on dehydrating Canned Chili?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shane Stewart
    BPL Member

@anacrime

I'm sure some of you have done this before. Seems like it would be easy enough, however the batch I did yesterday completely stuck to the wax paper. Is there any sort of trick to this? Or does it just take more finesse on the timing?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

is your friend. Best when drying foods to check every 30 minutes to an hour. With liquids once they are tacky dry you can flip them over to get the back side done.

Wax paper can melt its coating though.

Jan Stiff

@jsstiffmchsi-com

Try using a silicone mat or baking parchment (also silicone inpregnated).

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

I lost my first batch of chili while discovering the subtle difference between waxed paper and parchment paper.

Wax paper is tissue coated in wax that is suitable for room temperature applications. Parchment paper is treated with silicone, and can withstand baking temperatures.

For dehydrating, parchment paper is superior.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools