Topic

Banner Peak Bear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Banner Peak Bear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Banner Peak BearBanner peak bear

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Umm Jay, is there supposed to be a photo or something????

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Sorry, i need to talk to my computer coach. I will not be denided.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Jay is that a recent photo??? Wondering how the snow levels are going up there

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Hey Ken, Sorry not a recent picture-this past September. I was exploring the photo gallery and just wanted to contribute. Im sure the snow pack is way down- I hope- its hiking season!!! Got any hikes planned?

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Not yet but all of us from the Bay Area need to get something together in the near future!!!!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Lets stay intouch. I am going to Toullemne Meadows to Ebbits Pass 110 miles PCT -July11th to July20th. Sept. Tehipite Valley=remote, remote and awesome= waterfalls and rattlesnakes.also possilby Trinity Alps

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

You wonder if the bear has any idea about how lucky it is to live there. Looks like it is smiling to me. Good pic!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Jay I spoke to Josh yesterday and he mentioned your PCT hike. Very cool. Tepihite sounds interesting. Never been there and from what I have heard it is pretty awesome!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Hey George, that bear walked right through our camp-no hesitation- I have other pictures of him-will post soon. I saw your picture too-very nice! He got so close my friends and I started throwing rocks. He seemed very well fed and happy like you said. I am on the hunt this Summer for photos of Rattlesnakes, Cougars and Bobcats.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools