Topic

Joshua Tree trip advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Howdee,
    Can anyone recommend a good overnight trip in Joshua Tree? I'm itching to get out for a quickie and haven't backpacked there much (tons of camping and climbing though…).
    I'm looking for something mellow, maybe 12-15 miles out and back…Cool rocks to sleep in are a bonus. I'd like to leave early Saturday this coming weekend and get back early Sunday. I'm pretty familiar with the park, just looking for new ideas.

Edit: I'm also considering leaving early from work on Friday and heading out so a shorter trip that could be done in the last couple hours of light would be good, too.

Thanks…

drew doty
    BPL Member

@saltyotter

i did a trip out to the queen mines once and it was great. i basically hiked out to see the old mine shafts and the went on some x country up the drainage and then back down. i suppose you could go down the drainage as well. lots of places to explore. have fun there!

drew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools