Topic

Caldera cone storage solution

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Caldera cone storage solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I have been looking for a storage solution for my Vargo 0.9 L Caldera cone that improves on the "McDonalds" cup that it came with.

While cruisin' my local Walmart I found a package of 4 Tumblers, each hold 32 oz. and cost a total of $0.94.
    My Caldera fits perfectly inside, held in place by a large rubber band. Here are the pics…StackedBottom labelCup with Caldera

The cone, fuel bottle and burner all fit with enough spare room for a mini-bic and piece of alum. foil for a base reflector. Cup weights 1.6 oz.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I just got my "Trail Designs Caldera Caddy" in the mail. They weigh 2.6 ounces and are of food grade material. They're hot waterproof and are quite sturdy. There's enough room inside to carry a soda can, or some such, stove with a fuel bottle. The empty container may be used as a cup and small bowl, for multi-use capability. And, just $5, cheep!

Here are some photos:
    1. The Caldera cone in the original, manufacturer supplied ,container.
    2. The Caddy, with lid.
    3. The Caddy with a Caldera Cone (Evernew 1.3l) inside.
    4. The Caddy with the top inplace.

Caldera Caddy 1

Caldera Caddy 2

Caldera Caddy 3

Caldera Caddy 4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools