Topic

Wilkerson’s 3 Season Sierra Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Wilkerson’s 3 Season Sierra Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

3 Season Sierra Gear List

Robert McGaughey

@havoc

Locale: North Texas

WOW…..that's the lightest list I've seen yet….. ;)

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Jay,

Nice list. A few questions:

1) Is this the equipment you'll use for your upcoming trip heading north on the PCT from Tuolumne?

2) What do you do with your food at night? I didn't see a bear canister or any provision for hanging it.

3) Do you sleep comfortably with just a torsolite and foam sit pad? If so, I'm jealous.

FYI, my new avatar photo was taken about 56 miles south of Sonora Pass 48 hours after my wife dropped me off a few years ago. I can't wait to go back.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey casey, Sorry- I do have a Wild Ideas Canister- which I will use in July. I should of been clearer- that list would be used for say a weekend trip where a canister is not required. Casey as of now the slots are full. But we would still love to have you. Try to get a permit from a different day are trailhead. I don't think it will be a problem. I am picking up the permit on July 11th. We can possibly car pool? You could start earlyer or later- we could hold-up or you can walk very fast!ETC, ETC. We can make it happen no matter what. And regaurding sleeping pad- for a long distance hike- I like to be cumfy-cosy. I will bring a Prolite 4- heavy but worth every once. Give me a call if you have chance 925 330 0849

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools