Topic

Delete Sold Swap Items?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Delete Sold Swap Items?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dickinson

@coyotebum

Locale: Southwest Virginia

Forgive this newbie if this has already been suggested, but it would be great if sold gear swap threads could be deleted or marked sold somehow.

Cheers for a great resource!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Rick –

Ideally, people selling items in the swap forum should go back and edit their post titles to SOLD.

– Sam

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

I know people have requested this a few times, but personally I like to have the history available and the prices at which they sold so I can search for the info when I go to by an item later.

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

The forums do not include a DELETE THREAD option so the best a poster can do – if they are so inclined – is to EDIT their post by deleting all the text and pictures (if any) and simply typing in "SOLD".

The forum administrators simply don't have the time to monitor the forum and manually delete sold threads, and given the level of response to users' requests in the past, asking for a DELETE function or an automatic time-delay deletion of a thread is probably a waste of time.

Dave T

@davet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools