Seems like AGG 2qt is the lightest with lid. Anyone think of anything better?
Topic
Lightest 2L pot
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
My MSR Titan 2 liter titanium pot and lid came in the mail today. The MSR web site says it tips the scales at 8oz.
The AGG is only 5.9 with lid so it's still "winning." I have a feeling it's the lightest thing around in that size but I'll keep searching. At least it's cheap! :)
Hi Christopher,
I've got the AGG 2L pot, and yes, I believe it's the lightest 2L pot around, at least I have not seen anything lighter. The pot weighs 4.2 oz and the lid 1.7 for a 5.9 oz total weight. You could of course make a lighter lid from an aluminum pie tin and end up with a pot of about 4.3-4.4 oz. Don't forget a pot lifter though. I use mine with an MSR pot lifter. The combined weight (pot/lid/pot lifter) comes to 7 oz.
I generally take the handles off most of my pots finding it just as easy to grab the pot from the top with gloves or no gloves (If the pot is not full), but on this 2L pot I'd want to use a pot lifter with it.
The following information is from this website: http://www.opencountrycampware.com/products/?category=800&subcat=400&id=289
Aluminum Covered Kettles: 2 Quart Kettle
This traditional straight-sided aluminum kettle with plated wire bail handle has a flat cover lid with a riveted "D" ring on it. Simplicity, durability, and light weight make this a great value!
Dimensions: 6 1/4" DIA x 4 1/2" 0.26 Lbs.
That is only 4.16 oz. including the lid. So, if these specs can be believed, I think we have a winner. However, I'm not a huge fan of aluminum pots.
Become a member to post in the forums.

