Topic

Yellowstone/Teton september 2007

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Yellowstone/Teton september 2007

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Locale: southern appalachians

Best trip ever…

Rainbow
    seen from yellowstone river trail

Off yellowstone river trail

Photobucket

Over jenny lake
    jenny lake

Hurricane passhurricane pass
    moose!
    bear
    bear 2

Jonathan Duckett
    BPL Member

@thunderhead

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains

Awesome pictures. What kind of Camera were you using?

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Thanks, I use a cannon sd1000. 7.1mp

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

> …best trip ever.

Best trip ever is right! A rainbow? Scads of wildlife? Gorgeous, snowy high-country? Wow, excellent captures. Thank you.

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

That looks like a great trip. Can you give us details about your trip? [length, logistics, gear list of course!]

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Well we went the weekend after labor day so the crowds were minimal. We only had 10 days and really wanted to see everything so a good majority of the time was spent riding around yellowstone pounding lots of beer, seeing the whole park from the road car camping and generally getting into trouble…
    Photobucket
    we did 2 short over nighters. one on the yellowstone river trail started at hellroaring went into the black canyon of the yellowstone and back to the loop road at Blacktail creek.
    Photobucket
    and another off of the fairy falls bike trail.
    The group of guys that I go hiking with every year are all starting to get old so they were not into putting in the miles. They can drink enough beer to float a battleship but WILL NOT put in a 10 mile day.
    So after about 5 days of that My friend Brian and I had one of the other guys drop us off at Jenny Lake where we started what would be the the true highlight of the trip. We hiked on the cascade canyon trail to the Teton crest trail down to sunset lake and camped there.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    there we hiked the death canyon shelf and the death canyon trail and camped at phelps lake where the rest of the group meet back up with us.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools