Topic

First time with Golite Ion:

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) First time with Golite Ion:

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Foreman

@fish3006

Strapped it on this morning with 7-8 pound shooting sandbag in the bottom. The thing (L size for my looong torso) fit absoultely perfectly. The tiny waist belt kept the weight in the small of my back, on my hips, like it grew there. Combined with the sternum strap, I felt no real weight on my shoulders (my bum left shoulder is very thankful of this). Walked a mile or so. What a joy.
    I've now walked two days in a row. That's a big deal for a 56-year-old somebody who had to use a cane just to get around for six months as a neurological condition was diagnosed (CIDP). Hallelujah, He is good.
    Thanks for this forum. I have learned much and anticipate learning even more. Light weight and simplicity are good things …

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

Congratulations Paul.
    I am suffering with an intermittent back problem myself so i know what it's like when you can't get out there. Nothing more frustrating if you are normally an active outdoor guy.
    Next year you'll be running the New York Marathon!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Paul,

That is great news and thanks for sharing it with us. Your story is another reminder of how blessed we are to have the great health He has given us that allows us to do what we do here.

Paul Foreman

@fish3006

… but walking that distance with an ultralight load is looking doable early this summer, easily. Over two days, of course.

Dave T

@davet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools